Friday, November 7, 2008

A little change here and a little change there...

Well so this whole transferring schools is already complicated enough but let me tell you what's all been going down.
So in moving my tushy over to BYU there are some things that have to be done like get into PR programs that let you take the classes you need. Unfortunately I have not got into the program yet so then I find my self with an empty semester. So after a lot of strange and secret plotting with counselor people AKA "agent rosemary", I find that in my major it is strongly encouraged to have a minor. I was decided between an advertising graphic design and french when "agent periwinkle" tells me that I can not be a design minor because I am not a advertising major. It was rather frustrating considering I had already felt very good about my decision to go with that minor. So I worried about it all day and realized I was too intimidated by French to go forward with that.
This is when i feel prompted to speak to my dad about it. Now if any of you know how my family works you will know that I would very very rarely go to my father for advice but i did it anyway. After telling him the whole story we came to the conclusion that i will be a visual arts minor. It makes sense i swear. With this minor i can still take two design classes which would give me the skills i need. Plus i love art so why not?!
Anywho that was a long explanation of why I'm a visual arts minor. There's still a lot i need to take care of before all the stress of transferring is over but for now i am registered and visually artsy happy!

P.S. There is this wonderful minor i found called logic. I almost wanted to declare it cause i thought it would be funny. As Sara pointed out: communications major with a minor in logic. Really? Why else would i go to school then to work on the two things i struggle most with ^^

3 comments:

Rachel M. said...

Way to go! Don't you just love the madness of jumping through hoops, not! I'm excited for you!

Kaitlyn Wadsworth said...

love it... love you!

Kyle and Kim said...

Hooray Mel! Way to go figuring out your life! Let me know if you ever figure mine out, haha.