Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cathy 101

1. I am addicted to popcorn (especially movie popcorn). I used to eat a bag every day after school. I’ve let up, but only a little.

2. I love music—have played the violin since I was 4 years old, can plink out some things on the piano, like to play around on the guitar, and am learning to play the cello.

3. I am aspiring to be an elementary school teacher, and get excited thinking about all of the fun activities I can do with the kids.

4. I sometimes blame my lack of athletic ability on my mom for forgetting to sign me up for a soccer camp in 3rd grade. But really we all know it’s just me. :)

5. I recently discovered that I must have a thing for church schools—I never really enjoyed any of my classes at BYU-I (except for religion, but that’s a given), and now that I’m at UVU, I absolutely LOVE all of my classes (Philosophy, Geology, Orchestra, Health for Elementary Teachers) except for English…the only class I have taught be an LDS teacher, who just graduated from BYU.

6.I love the shows Prison Break, Bones, Arthur, What I Like About You, Pushing Daisies, and Lost (I am sometimes a couch potato, but only sometimes).

7. I don’t really enjoy doing housework, but sometimes I get in moods where that’s all I want to do until it’s done.

8. I married the love of my life on May 24, 2008 at 11:00 AM in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple…it was also his birthday.

9. My favorite Disney movie is Peter Pan.

10. I go to Geology class excited to see what my professor will be wearing.

11. I LOVE coloring, blowing bubbles, and rolling down hills.

12. I really love cooking and trying new things (especially desserts); however, I’ve recently discovered that I am not a fan of cooking every single night.

13. When I hear little kids cry, it makes me very sad.

14. I frequently burst out into random songs, and can often come up with a song to go with whatever word/phrase was just said.

15. Watching people who are good at dancing dance boggles my mind and makes me wish I could do it.

16. I love interior decorating, and was on an interior design team in high school. We took third place in competition. Three teams total competed.

17. I am afraid of the dark.

18. I’m a people watcher. When I have time between classes, I like to sit and watch people walk by.

19. I love Jason Mraz, and would be going to his concert in October if the tickets weren’t ridiculously expensive.

20. I have only kissed one person ever, and that person is my husband.

21. I’m a sucker for backrubs.

22. I love to stand in the rain. Love it.

23. I love buying gifts for people, and sometimes I can’t wait for the occasion (i.e. birthday, Christmas), and give it early. Then I have to buy them something else.

24. I wrote in my journal almost ever single day during high school.

25. I love listening to music that makes me feel like dancing and/or singing along.

26. I like shoes. A lot. I have a shoe punch card, and just got a free pair of shoes a few weeks ago.

27. My hair was almost down to my bum when I was little, but ever since 4th grade-ish, I’ve had to keep it short, because long hair gives me headaches.

28. I love to make cards. It makes me happy.

29. I love watching fireworks while laying on my back so it looks like they’re falling on you.

30. It really, really, really annoys me when people listen to Christmas music before it’s December.

31. I despise driving on the freeway and avoid it whenever possible.

32. I knocked out my two front teeth when I was 18 months old and had fake teeth until about 1st/2nd grade when my new ones grew in so I could learn to talk correctly.

33. I never liked video games until I played Guitar Hero. Now I like it, Rockband, and DDR. Still not a fan of other video games.

34. I love playing games, but Ticket to Ride brings out the worst in me.

35. I talk in my sleep. As in have conversations with people.

36. I like even numbers and when I was little, I had OCD about this. I had to eat crackers, pretzels, etc in even numbers. Couldn’t eat three, had to eat four. I’m only half over this…

37. I love reading books. Especially children’s/young adult books. Absolutely love it.

38. I kept all of the notes I got from friends in jr high and high school until my 2nd year of college.

39. I like tomatoes but not ketchup. Vacuuming but not sweeping. Potatoes but not fries.

40. I love taking pictures, but hate being in them. I almost majored in photography.

41. I love listening to British and Scottish people talk. I am so intrigued by their accents.

42. I love polka dots. I think they’re so happy.

43. I used to write poetry, and one honorable mention for a poem I entered in a Reflections contest in 6th grade.

44. I want my future house to have a tower room that I can turn into a library.

45. I like gardening. I fell a great sense of accomplishment seeing that because of my determination in weeding, beautiful flowers and delicious vegetables were able to grow.

46. Hearing other people pop their bones (knuckles, necks, etc) makes me hot a sweaty because it takes me back to the night I broke my arm. But I can pop my own knuckles and neck and not feel queasy at all.

47. I can spend as much time in a music store as I can in a book store. Both are longer than in a clothes store or grocery store.

48. My favorite color is orange.

49. The majority of clothes in my wardrobe are brown. When I go clothes shopping I tell whoever is with me not to let me buy brown clothes.

50. I love playing with play dough. It’s so fun.

51. I love the smell of chlorine. I volunteered to clean the kitchen sink when I was little because the cleaner smelled like chlorine.

52. When I was younger I would pretend that I was Harriet the Spy and watched people from my front yard, writing notes in my notebook.

53. I hate wearing jeans when the cuffs don’t touch the ground when I’m sitting down. AKA I like long pants.

54. My laugh evolves into a combination of everyone else’s laughs around me. True story.

55. I have always wanted to dye my hair, but never have and probably won’t unless I go gray early.

56. The first time in my life that I ever went to the beach was my senior year of high school.

57. I have a love for “mini” things. Anything that is a little version of something else, I just think it’s so cute!

58. Daisies are my favorite flower. I don’t really like roses very much, unless Jon gives them to me. J

59. I love smarties. Every time I go through the checkout line at Macey’s, I grab me some smarties!

60. I don’t like ice cream that much.

61. My dad and brother used to call me Bob. I still answer to it sometimes.

62. I’m not too good with money.

63. My favorite of all time is That Thing You Do! Yeah!

64. I gave myself a concussion in high school by running into my ceiling. Figure that one out!

65. I love Laffy Taffy jokes! They crack me up!

66. I love to go swimming.

67. I lead the music in primary, and it terrifies me. I thought it would be easy. Ha!

68. My real dream in life is to be a psychologist.

69. I do worse on tests if I study for them first.

70. I got pulled over when I still had my learner’s permit—but only because my tail light was out.

71. When I’m in the car, I have to try every preset on the radio before choosing one—just in case a good song is on!

72. I’m afraid of spiders, dogs, and birds.

73. I broke my own arm the summer before 7th grade on the trampoline (basically, I’m a klutz).

74. I am very vulnerable to sickness. Like, crazy vulnerable.

75. I have trouble telling time on a normal clock. I prefer digital, because it doesn’t take me as long to figure out what time it is.

76. I always want to do spontaneous things, but then when I actually have an opportunity, I get too scared to actually do it.

77. I got my driver’s license before I got all of my required hours in, because my parents didn’t want to drive me to work everyday.

78. The first movie I ever cried during was Lilo and Stitch.

79. I like to smell books.

80. I love stairs. Especially walking down them. It’s so fun.

81. When I was little I used to pretend to be in tv commercials auditions for whatever I was eating—sunny delight, string cheese, etc.

82. I taught violin lessons when I was in 9th and 10th grade.

83. I hate drinking water that isn’t ice cold. I think it’s disgusting.

84. I love going to the dentist.

85. My first job was being a receptionist and Mountain View High School—my own high school’s rival.

86. Summer of 2007 I went to the Stadium of Fire with Jon. While we were walking around the stadium, he told me that Brooks and Dunn were ten feet away from us. I didn’t believe him, but it was true. I could have met them, but missed my chance. 

87. In 6th grade I wanted to change the way I spelled my name—Cathie instead of Cathy.

88. My middle name is Ann—the same as my grandmother’s middle name.

89. One of my dreams in life is to learn the West Side Story Suite violin solo by Joshua Bell.

90. My favorite smells are fresh bread, newly mowed grass, and rain.

91. In junior high, my friend and I made up a game called Pocky. Basically it was amazing.

92. My favorite candy is Nerds.

93. I love pink starburst jambas!

94. I can spend hours playing with the sticky notes that are made for dispensers.

95. I could eat a sandwich from Juice Press every single day!

96. I like to google/wiki things I hear about on tv or in class and read up on them to learn more.

97. I want to write and publish a book someday.

98. I really dislike it when people try to pressure you into doing something you don’t want to do, even if it’s something stupid like playing a game. 

99. I can’t eat chewy or tough foods because it aggravates my TMJ. I chew gum anyway.

100. I love Chinese food.

101. I really enjoy hiking. Especially at Arches National Park

2 comments:

Rachel M. said...

YEAH!! I'm so glad you did it too! I love it!! Basically I love YOU!

Melerella said...

I feel pretty proud of my self that i knew most of these! By the way my favorite was that as a kid you would make up commercials with your food!