Friday, March 21, 2008
Patience leads to good things....I've been told!
So, a little update on the post-college life and the internship deal. So, ever since Christmas I've applied to about 11 different jobs. Nothing really was working out and let's be honest, I wasn't ok with that. I wasn't really looking around here in Boise, but...once I started looking things starting falling into place. I've been working at the Boys and Girls Club (I've worked there in the past), and I just started playing on the city's ultimate frisbee league. My old boss at the YMCA had a meeting with a lady with ultimate frisbee and he invited me. From this good times meeting, I found out 2 vital things: 1. ultimate frisbee was just started at 5 high schools, and my high school was one of them AND they didn't have a coach yet....2. my old boss was going to be putting his 2 weeks notice in soon!! So, long story short...I'm coaching my high school's team and I was working on getting the job at the YMCA to be the Youth Sports Director. So then the other day, I was just going through life like normal, and I get a little phone call from Dixie State College. They were one of the ones I applied to around Christmas-ish. That position is for Youth Sports Camp/Conference Coordinator. So I set up an interview for this coming monday at 2:30!! I wanted to know how seriously they were considering me because they aren't paying for the transportation...I am!! I found out that I was ranked in the top 3 and they only interview the top 3. So, thanks to my dad, I'm flying there on Sunday!! I'll let you know how it goes. Pray for me!! I'll be interviewing with a committee of 6 people!! A little scary! I really like you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go Rachel!!!! that's so amazing! so which one do you want to choose though? which one seems the most Rachel to you?
ra-chel! that is amazing! congratulations! You will have to let us know asap how the interview goes...AKA RIGHT AWAY!!! love you!
congrats girl!! youre a star!!! and you can come visit me if you are at dixie cuz... its sooo close to vegas!
Post a Comment