Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kim 101

1. I have had lots of nicknames: Kim, Kimber, Timber, Jim, Kimmy (you have to be a good friend to call me Kimmy because I don’t like it), Kimcha, Chet, Kibylou, Kiby, Lou Lou, Commy, Erl, Roxy, Sora.
2. I love the color green.
3. I’ve had many plants named Greenie or Mr. Greenie.
4. I once had a paper bracelet I got at a business conference that I wore for 2 weeks straight as a part of a bet. The bracelet was green, so it also was named Greenie.
5. I have a weird obsession with naming things, especially cars. My first car was FAROUT, and now I have ROBE (rhymes with SOBE).
6. I served a mission in Romania and I think about it and miss it almost everyday.
7. I love guys that ride motorcycles.
8. I live alone for the first time in my life.
9. I love wheat thins.
10. I have never been to Disney Land or Disney World.
11. I hate strawberries.
12. It bothers me that every one of these starts with I. J
13. One of my life goals is to go sky diving. Anyone wanna come?
14. I teach kindergarten and I LOVE it!
15. I tore the ACL in my knee playing basketball my freshman year of HS and had to have knee surgery. I still have a fear of playing aggressively, even though my knee is fine.
16. I was involved in tons of clubs and student council in High School.
17. I was a dorm girl my freshman year of college.
18. I love “The Parent Trap” and “You’ve Got Mail”
19. I listen to “Dream Big” by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband continuously for at least one hour a day.
20. I used to watch “Baptists at Our Barbeque” every Sunday when I lived at home. Now I watch, “The Ultimate Gift”.
21. There were only about 10 people in my grade where I attended Elementary School.
22. I love rain and I’m okay with getting dirty.
23. I like playing sports, but don’t make me watch them.
24. Racial and gender stereotypes really tick me off.
25. I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere anytime.
26. I get carsick within 2 minutes if I’m not driving or sitting in the front.
27. I love teaching. My favorite calling is teaching Relief Society (or mission prep cuz I can talk about my mission)
28. I used to take gymnastics classes when I was little and wanted to be in the Olympics.
29. I was the hula hooping champion in my elementary school and have hula hooped for over 2 hours in a competition.
30. I love to do things anonymously for people and sometimes get annoyed when they find out.
31. I’ve had 42 roommates, not counting amazing neighbor roommates.
32. I would like to have 5 kids.
33. I have recently stopped biting my finger nails! Go me!
34. Most of my clothing tends to be black. I think it was the mission that started that.
35. I get homesick easily even though I’m ready to leave when I get home.
36. I’m the first one in my family to graduate from college.
37. I don’t have any female relatives that have served missions.
38. I like peanut butter in candy or chocolate, but not on crackers or a sandwich.
39. I like to talk in a British accent when around good friends.
40. I have ridden in the trunk of a car just for fun.
41. Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant.
42. I have really white legs because I never wear shorts and I never wear shorts because I have really white legs. It’s an endless cycle.
43. I’m training to run in a 5K.
44. I tend to be shy and anxious around large groups of people I do not know.
45. I love making people feel loved on their birthdays.
46. I love to go to the temple. There was a time when I went to the temple more often than I went to church.
47. I had a venus fly trap named Snappy that only lived a very short while. My neighbors plantnapped him and I held their toothbrushes ransom until they returned him to me.
48. Garbage day is on Thursdays at my house and I always felt bad for the garbage man having to work on Thanksgiving, so I used to leave him a treat on top or our garbage can.
49. I watch the Disney channel and the Family channel more than anything else.
50. I’m halfway to 100 and struggling! Haha.
51. I used to go to the gym just to watch The Biggest Loser because we didn’t have a TV last semester.
52. I graduated from BYU-Idaho!
53. I student taught 32 sixth graders. I cried on more than one occasion, but ended up loving it and still keep in touch with some of them.
54. I was in speech therapy in 1st grade because I couldn’t say the R sound.
55. I had chicken pox in the 1st grade and pneumonia the same year. I missed a month of school and had to get two bum shots! Augh!
56. I prefer to use the word bum than anything else referring to that region, haha.
57. I hate burping sounds!
58. Cracking knuckles make me cringe and cracking back or neck is worse!
59. I used to daydream like all the time growing up.
60. My sister and brother and I made up actions to go with Disney songs. We had the Lion King memorized.
61. We used to live on our trampoline. We would run straight to it after school and sleep on it often during the summer.
62. Redbox is my friend and now I found a blue box in Nampa at Fred Meyer.
63. My first job was at a drycleaners. I’ve had a million different jobs.
64. I’m planning a trip to Romania next summer (I hope).
65. I’ve never been to a prison. I did get my first traffic ticket this summer. I’ve been pulled over 7 times now.
66. I was in a small accident in a taxi in Romania.
67. I have 3 brothers, 2 sisters, 1 brother in law, 2 sisters in law, 3 nieces and 4 nephews.
68. I used to name every stuffed animal the same name, Kristy.
69. I’ve only been on one blind date.
70. I feel that I was led to where I currently am.
71. I don’t like silence when I’m around people, but I like to be alone too.
72. I’m not great at keeping in contact with people.
73. I was addicted to MSN in High School.
74. I’m a fan of Full House.
75. I love to read my scriptures online so I can see the words and listen to them at the same time, plus find footnotes with one click.
76. I had to get my ears re-pierced because they closed.
77. I love everything mint! Especially Oreos and Hershey kisses!
78. My birthday is on the Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) in Mexico.
79. I took 4 years of Spanish in high school and got a 4 on the AP test, but then forgot it all when I learned Romanian.
80. I used to eat gross food combinations to make my friends laugh.
81. I loved being the teacher’s pet.
82. My face gets really red when I am speaking in front of intimidating people.
83. I permed my hair once in elementary school.
84. Two little boys on separate occasions have asked me why I have hair on my arms.
85. My knee birthday is January 29th.
86. I dressed up as the Easter Bunny last Halloween.
87. I want to visit Italy someday.
88. I’ve loved and lost and never regretted it.
89. Twice I’ve won a no leg shaving competition.
90. I always cut my hair short about the same time of year, fall. I’m fighting the urge this year, so we’ll see.
91. I love watching ice hockey!
92. My first softball team, we were “The Onions” because our sponsor was an onion farmer.
93. I’m really really bad at guitar hero.
94. I take long baths when I’m sick or stressed.
95. I love pine trees for the smell. There are some outside my apartment.
96. I hate hate hate scary movies and am still traumatized from the one I’ve ever seen! I would have left, but I was scared to be anywhere alone.
97. I love autumn, it’s probably my favorite time of year though I love all the seasons for the first few weeks.
98. I miss my friends and family.
99. I can’t believe I finally made it to 100! I often start things without finishing them.
100. I think it’s funny to lie about my name when I first meet people.
101. In college, we made a fake cat out of cardboard and put it in the middle of the road after dark and videotaped people to see what they would do, hilarious!

Thanks for reading my list! I love you guys!

5 comments:

Rachel M. said...

I love it!! #9, ha...it reminds me of your first day of student teaching...the kid that gave you triscuts (however you spell those crackers!)

Kaitlyn Wadsworth said...

o man i will totally go sky diving with you!!! Thats was a really delightful read!!

Melerella said...

Mel will go sky diving! yeah knee birthday!

SARA said...

I just wanted to comment on like half of these! I love Dream Big and The Ultimate Gift. Definitely winners. Um--#29? 2 hours?! That is incredible. 45--you are definitely amazing at that one! And 47 brings back some joyous memories :) I tried to think of how many times I've been with you when you did 100, but I lost track. I love the list though! Nicely done.

Kyle and Kim said...

Thanks chicas! Your comments made me laugh!